More than 100 public officers from four government ministries and agencies have benefited from training on the management of public complaints and enhancing service delivery.
The 129 officers, drawn from the Kenya School of Government (79), the National Cereals and Produce Board (22), the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (15) and the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning (13) were trained between January and February.
Broadly, the training intended to achieve the following objectives:
• Transfer skills that will assist officers in carrying out their daily activities;
• Broaden the mind of officers in the realm of complaints management;
• Transfer appropriate skills to public officers on effective public complaints management, development of service delivery charters and standards;
• Create awareness on the legal framework and constitutional requirements for dealing with complaints and ensure public institutions offer efficient and effective services to the citizens; and
• Improve the general service delivery to the public.